This family-owned, family-run wine business is located in the cool-climate Elgin Valley, approximately 70km south-east of Cape Town. The property has been in ownership of the Cluver Family since 1896. Recognised as pioneers of wine in the area, the focus is on producing elegant wines that are expressive of the terroir.
Our Tasting centre is open Mondays to Fridays from 09:00-17:00; Saturdays from 09:00-15:00; Sundays from 09:00-15:00
Office is open from Monday to Friday.
Restaurant is open from Wednesday to Sunday.
Due to the Spur Adventure Race all MTB trails will be closed on Sunday 29th of March 2015.
The wine business forms part of larger holistic farming business called ‘De Rust Estate'. In addition to the vineyards and cellar, there are apple and pear orchards, a Hereford stud and eco-tourism activities, including amphitheatre concerts, on the farm. This estate forms part of the UNESCO world heritage site, the Kogelberg Biosphere. Half of the estate has been set aside for conservation into perpetuity.
- Rated 4th on the Grape Top 20 Wineries Poll of 2010
- Founder member of the Green Mountain Eco-route - the World's first wine & biodiversity route.
- Initiator & mentor of Thandi Wines - SA's first black economic empowerment wine brand and World's first Fairtrade wine brand.
- BWI Champion status since 2009
- Drinks Business Green Awards 2010 - Lifetime Achievement Award went to Dr. Paul Cluver
- Drinks Business Green Awards 2010 - Ethical Company Award - Joint runner-up.